Saturday, June 05, 2010

A toast to those by-lane trees

Never in my recent memory have I been so much amazed, and lost, looking at plants and trees as I was today. The lush greenery of the by-lane was a wholesome treat. The last time I had walked on that same lane was in February. It was a cold day and every tree gave an eerie graveyard feeling. The scene today was different, and mesmerizing.                                                                                                                                                               
{I hated the subject Botany when in college [Mathematics being the most hated!] History and zoology are my all time favorites!!}
                                                                                                                                                   
The lines below are dedicated to those by-lane trees which aroused a sense of appreciation and curiosity in me-

The flowers had gone and the dried leaves set to fall
The once majestic tree now stood empty and tall
Those were the snowy short winter days
When the trees had nothing to hide the sun’s rays;

The leaves sprang as the day grew
Colorful flowers were soon in full view
With arms, now stands the tree daring the sultry days
Providing shade by blocking the sun’s rays;

I wonder who makes the trees play the sun’s rays
Warmth or shade to provide enough for the needy days
With no answers I owe it all to that miracle hand
Delicately fitting the things in the way they should stand


~Narendra V Joshi

No comments:

Only the memories

 To my father...  I have come to accept, the fact you are gone. Yet your presence in my heart, stays warm and strong. In the stillness of my...